Emmaus Road Church was founded in the belief that
New King James Version (NKJV)
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.
We believe God is calling us all into a personal relationship with Him through His Son Jesus. Our vision is to be a place where people can build that relationship. In Luke 24:32 it says, that the disciples hearts burned within them as they walked and talked with Jesus on the road to Emmaus. Our motto is "That they will know the risen Christ on the road to Emmaus!" Join us in walking, talking, and worshiping in fellowship with our Savior!
• We believe God inhabits the praises of His people. He has led us to worship
openly with our whole hearts, humbling ourselves before Him. Psalm 22:3
• We believe in the doctrine of the Trinity, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, three persons in one substance - the one triune God. Deuteronomy 6:4
• We believe that Jesus is the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE. No one comes to the Father but through Him. John 14:6
• We believe that God loves us with an undying love, but He is so pure He can’t even look upon sin. Sin separates us from God.
• We believe that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, and the wages of sin is death. Therefore, we all deserve death. But Jesus Christ came and took the punishment for us on a hill called Calvary. Jesus, very God in the flesh, took our sins upon Himself so He could impute His righteousness to us, and that we might have life through Him. Romans 3:23, 6:23, 2 Corinthians 5:21
• We believe that Christianity is not so much living according to a religious code, but a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Galatians 5:16-18
• We believe that the Bible is God’s word, free of error, right down to the dotting of the “I” and crossing of the “T”. It is the standard of righteousness.
• We believe in all the spiritual gifts of the Holy Spirit written in Ephesians 4:12-16, 1 Corinthians 12-14, and Romans 12:5-8
• We as a church are looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ. Titus 2:13
Twenty-five years ago in a revival meeting Pastor Grant felt like the Lord was calling him into ministry. After asking God to confirm to him what he was feeling, Grant began a small bible study in a garage that has grown into the ministry it is today. After praying and seeking God, Grant was asking God what to name the church, when one of the fellow church founders mother had a vision of terrible things happening. She asked God why He was showing her this. She felt God saying "Tell Grant he is to reach the depravity of man, and to name the church Emmaus Road Church." ...where they will know the risen Christ on the road to Emmaus.
Emmaus Road Church
515 Potters Lane
Clarksville, IN 47129
Phone: (812) 945-7170
Or use our contact form.
*Sunday Morning Bible Study 9:30 a.m.
*Sunday Morning Service
*Monday Afternoon Bible Study 10:45 a.m.
*Mercy Street Tuesday Nights 6:20 p.m.
*Men's Breakfast every 3rd Saturday 8:30 a.m.
"Were not our hearts burning within us while He talked with
us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"
-- Luke 24: 32